Staying close to home inspired a huge interest in gardening. Many of our employees put themselves on the front line to help get products to you, as well as PPE to first-responders. Here’s how we helped keep our associates safe.
- At our facility in Temecula, California, we produced more than 737,401 protective face shields for first responders in critical need areas.
- We expedited shipment of our custom growing media mix for Medicago, a company working to develop a plant-based COVID-19 vaccine.
- Our R&D and safety teams produced hand sanitizer for our U.S. sales and manufacturing associates during the shortage.
- We donated emergency relief funds to hard-hit community organizations and provided flexibility to existing grantees to use funding for the most urgent needs in their neighborhoods.
- We provided premium pay for our frontline workers, amounting to 150 percent of many workers’ normal hourly rates.