Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass
1,000 sq. ft.
- Grows new grass 70% thicker, 35% quicker versus unfed grass
- Improves seeding results; also great for sod and grass plugs
- 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio provides the nutrients for developing lawns
- Safe for any grass type, whether you're planting new grass, starting a new lawn, or reseeding an existing one
- Not sold in the state of Florida
Specs and Details
- While there are no restrictions on reentering the lawn with this product, we recommend watering the product in and waiting until it is dried before going back on the lawn.
- If empty do not reuse contain. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partly filled, call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
With Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass, your seedlings will benefit from a combination of nutrients that will satisfy their special needs. The Starter® Food gives new grass a quick start by promoting faster root and blade development, and the 24-25-4 fertilizer ratio provides the ideal nutrient balance for your developing lawn. Improves seeding results while also being great for sod and grass plugs. New grass grows 70% thicker AND 35% quicker versus unfed grass, which will have you on your way to the lawn you've always wanted--faster. Safe for any grass type, whether you're planting new grass, starting a new lawn, or reseeding an existing one.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
Lawn products work in harmony with the environment when used correctly. Do not apply near water or storm drains or draining ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected.
- Apply with a drop or rotary spreader. For best results, use a Scotts® spreader.
- SET - Set spreader to appropriate setting for best results. Spreader settings can be found on back of bag or on Scotts.com
Follow the color coded map to ensure your lawn receives the right amount of fertilizer. Apply as directed.
- APPLY - Fill spreader and apply over newly seeded area or over entire lawn for root development boost
- CLEAN UP - To keep lawn products from reaching storm sewers, sweep or blow stray particles back onto lawn. Return unused portion of fertilizer to original container. Run any remaining product out of spreader over lawn.
- WATER - This product does not require watering in. However, watering is the critical step to seeding success. Keep soil consistently moist until seedlings reach 2 inches high.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not apply near water or storm drains or draining ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected.
When to Apply
- Use when planting seed, sod, sprigs or plugs.
How Often to Apply
- Apply to newly seeded areas or over entire lawn for root development boost
Frequently Asked Questions
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 5ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';