Fundamentals™ by Scotts® Grass Seed Perennial Ryegrass Mix
- Grow a lawn that grows well in sunny and high traffic areas with Fundamentals™ by Scotts® Grass Seed Perennial Ryegrass Mix
- This perennial ryegrass seed mix is designed for yards that see a lot of activity, and it will perform well even in direct sunlight
- The coated grass seed mix absorbs 2x more water than uncoated seed
- Plus, it establishes quickly and helps control erosion
- One 3-lb. bag seeds 375 sq. ft. of new lawn and reseeds 1,249 sq. ft. of existing lawn; for best results, apply with a Scotts® spreader, then lightly rake seed into the soil and water daily
Specs and Details
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Enjoy your lawn again with Fundamentals™ by Scotts® Grass Seed Perennial Ryegrass Mix. The uniquely formulated grass seed is ideal for your high traffic areas and performs well in the sun. This versatile grass seed mix is coated to absorb twice as much water than uncoated seeds. The perennial ryegrass seed establishes quickly, and it helps to control erosion. This grass seed can be used on a new lawn or to reseed an existing yard. For best results, apply using a Scotts® hand-held, broadcast/rotary, or drop spreader for even distribution. Then lightly rake the seed into the soil to ensure the seed is covered just beneath the soil surface. Water the area daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches. One 3-lb. bag is enough to seed 375 sq. ft. of new lawn or reseed 1,249 sq. ft. of existing lawn.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Fundamentals™ by Scotts® Grass Seed Perennial Ryegrass Mix can be used for growing new lawns and for reseeding.
For Seeding New Lawns
- Prepare the area by raking it to loosen the top layer of soil (approximately 2" deep).
Remove any dead grass or debris to ensure seed-to-soil contact.
Apply in one pass with a Scotts® broadcast/rotary or Elite spreader.
Apply in two passes with a Scotts® drop or Wizz® spreader.
Apply in three passes with a Scotts® hand-held spreader.
Following the application, lightly rake the seed into the soil to ensure it's covered just beneath the soil surface.
Water (daily or as needed) to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach 2 in. tall.
[continued in next column]
When and Where to Use
Where to Use
- An ideal seed for high traffic areas.
- Performs well in the sun.
When to Apply
- Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
- Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall. To maintain growth, water more deeply with reduced frequency as needed. For best results, water twice daily for at least 3 weeks to keep the soil surface moist after seeding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®:If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 5ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';