Scotts® Classic® Grass Seed Tall Fescue Mix
- Thrives in sun, shade and high-traffic areas
- Grows greener, thicker turf than Kentucky-31 Tall Fescue
- Specially formulated to be drought- and disease-resistant
- 99.9% weed free
Specs and Details
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- View Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Scotts® Classic® Grass Seed Tall Fescue Mix is specially formulated for drought and disease resistance. This unique mix grows greener, thicker turf than Kentucky-31 Tall Fescue. Plus, it grows well in both sunny and shady areas. It thrives in sun, shade, and high-traffic areas, so you can be on your way to a stronger and greener lawn.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- 1. PREP Bare Soil: Loosen top layer of soil. Dead Grass/Thin Area: Rake area and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
- 2. APPLY Small Area: Spread by hand or with a Scotts® handheld spreader. Large Area: Apply using a specially designed Scotts® spreader. After seeding, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass to boost your seed's performance for a thicker lawn that comes in quicker. Lightly rake to move the seed and fertilizer into the soil.
- 3. WATER Keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach 2 inches tall.
- 4. CARE Seed will begin to grow in 6 - 14 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowing.
When and Where to Use
When to Apply
- Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Average Days to Germinate
- 6 - 30 days
Frequently Asked Questions
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 7ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';