Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractors Mix
- All-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas
- Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
- Blended specifically for the Northern region
- Grass will begin to grow in 5-10 days
- 99.9% weed free
Specs and Details
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix is an all-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas. This 99.9% weed free seed has been blended specifically for the Northern region. Just prep the ground, apply the seed and water and in no time at all you'll have a beautiful yard, thanks to Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Contractor's Mix.
Step by Step Instructions
- Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
- Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter Food for New Grass when seeding to help new grass grow in quicker and thicker.
- Watering is a critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
- Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass when seeding. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
When and Where to Use
When to Apply
- Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Frequently Asked Questions
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';