Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Quality All-Purpose Mix
- All-purpose mix for sunny and shady areas
Quickly repairs bare areas
Coated to absorb 2x more water than uncoated seed
99.9% weed free grass seed
Coarse bladed texture with medium drought tolerance
Specs and Details
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Download Label
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Quality All-Purpose Mix is an all-purpose seeding mix specially crafted for Northern lawns. This quality blend of Kentucky Bluegrass, Perennial Ryegrass, and Fine Fescue thrives in sunny and shady areas and quickly repairs bare spots on your lawn. It is also formulated to provide a coarse bladed texture and medium drought resistance. Apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Quality All-Purpose Mix in the fall or spring when daily average soil temperatures are consistently between 55°F and 70°F, or air temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F. For best results, water twice daily for at least 3 weeks. Seedlings will begin to grow in 5-10 days, but can take 30-60 days to become established depending on seasonal conditions. Each seed in Scotts® Turf Builder® Grass Seed Quality All-Purpose Mix is wrapped in a super-absorbent coating. One 20 lb. bag of this product covers up to 8,000 sq. ft.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil and remove dead grass. For best results, add a thin layer of Scotts® Turf Builder® LawnSoil™ before applying seed.
- Apply using a Scotts® spreader. Lightly rake the seed into the soil. For best results, apply Scotts® Turf Builder® Starter® Food for New Grass.
- Watering is the critical step to seeding success. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
- Seed will begin to grow in 5-10 days. You can mow the seedlings when they reach 3 inches in height. Do not apply a weed control product until after at least four mowings.
Where and When to Use
When to Apply
- Fall and spring are the best times to plant grass seed, because seed germinates best when temperatures are between 60°F and 80°F.
Average Days to Germination
Frequently Asked Questions
Scotts No-Quibble Money Back Guarantee®:If for any reason you, the consumer, are not satisfied after using this product, you are entitled to get your money back. Simply send us evidence of purchase and we will mail you a refund check promptly.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 7ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';