Scotts® Turf Builder® Rapid Grass Bermudagrass
- Unique, proprietary blend of seed and fertilizer that encourages rapid bermudagrass growth
- Added fertilizer kicks up speed of growth once grass seed germinates
- Solution for large problem areas or for establishing new grass
- Apply in the spring or early summer when temperatures are consistently between 70°F and 90°F and the danger of frost has passed
- One 4 lb. bag covers 5,000 sq. ft. when overseeding an existing lawn, and 1,498 sq. ft. when growing a new lawn
Specs and Details
- This is treated seed. It should not be used for food, feed, or oil purposes. Store away from feeds and foodstuffs. Keep out of reach from children.
- This is not the product label. Always read and follow the product label before use.
- Safety Data Sheets can be found at scottsmsds.com
Get outside and enjoy your lawn with Scotts® Turf Builder® Rapid Grass Bermudagrass. With our unique, proprietary mix of seed and fertilizer in one effective formula, your lawn benefits from extended feeding, resulting in full green grass! Compared to seed alone, your lawn will grow 2 times faster (when applied at the new lawn rate, subject to proper care). Use on either new lawns or overseeding existing grass. To apply, rake the top layer of soil before applying the product with a Scotts® spreader.
For best results, apply this product in the spring or early summer when temperatures are consistently between 70°F and 90°F and the danger of frost has passed. Water twice daily for the first 3 weeks (or until seedlings reach 2 inches in height) to keep soil surface moist. One 4 lb. bag covers 5,000 sq. ft. when overseeding an existing lawn, and 1,498 sq. ft. when growing a new lawn. Do not use weed control products until your lawn has been established (mowed at least 4 times). If you already applied weed control, please see those package directions on when to plant grass seed. Finally, be sure to apply Scotts® Lawn Food products every 8 weeks throughout the season to help maintain your thick, green lawn.
Step by Step Instructions
How to Use
- Rake area to loosen the top layer of soil (approx. 2 inches deep) and remove any dead grass or debris. Use a Scotts spreader to apply. Once spread, lightly rake the product into the soil to ensure it is covered just beneath the surface. Water daily to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall.
- Mow the area to a height of approx. 2 inches or lowest mower setting. Rake to loosen the top layer of soil and remove any dead grass or debris. Use a Scotts spreader to apply. Water daily or as needed to keep the soil surface moist until the seedlings reach at least 2 inches tall. Resume mowing when the lawn reaches desired mowing height.
When and Where to Use
Where Not to Use
- Do not apply weed control products until the grass is well established (mowed at least 4 times). Additionally, if you recently used a weed control product, refer to those product instructions to determine how soon you can plant grass seed. When overseeding an existing lawn, only apply to lawns with Bermudagrass
- For use on Bermudagrass lawns.
- Apply in the spring or early summer when temperatures are consistently between 70°F and 90°F and the danger of frost has passed.
- Water twice daily for at least 3 weeks.
- 7 - 30 days
Frequently Asked Questions
Kids & Pets
People and pets can re-enter after the first mow, when the lawn reaches desired mowing height of about 3 inches.
Do not apply near water, storm drains, or drainage ditches. Do not apply if heavy rain is expected. Apply only to the lawn and sweep any product that lands on the driveway, sidewalk, or street back into your lawn.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';